Making Lemonade Out of Lemons:
Empowering Kids to Make a Difference for Other Kids in Our Community
Throughout the month of April, youth across the community will be hosting lemonade stands to raise awareness about Prevent Child Abuse America’s Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign. Prevent Child Abuse America introduced the pinwheel as the new national symbol for child abuse prevention through Pinwheels for Prevention®. April is nationally recognized as Child Abuse Prevention Month. The Pinwheel represents the joys of childhood and promotes the awareness that ALL CHILDREN deserve to be safe and well. Each lemonade stand will have information about our Pinwheels in the Park event at LeBauer Park on April 28, 2018, where we will plant a Pinwheel Garden to symbolize that our community stands together against child abuse.
This family-friendly volunteer opportunity is a great way to not only teach about the importance of making lemonade out of lemons in life, but also how each person regardless of their age can make a big difference.
Here Are The Steps To Get Started!
Sign-Up / Let Us Know
1. Shoot us an email at email@example.com or call us at 336-429-5600 to let us know that your child is interested in hosting a lemonade stand. That way, we can add you to our list and be sure to recognize you and your child.
Set Up Your Lemonade Stand
1. Set up your lemonade stand, any way you would like, in your neighbor anytime in the month of April (preferably before April 18, 2018, but any day in April will do that works for you and your family).
You can set the prices for your lemonade. We ask that each family provide the materials for your lemonade stand; however, if your child wants to participate and you are unable to provide the lemonade mix, please let us know as we don’t want that to be a barrier to participating.
2. Talk about how each person is important and can make a difference in the lives of other people. Kids can make a big impact to help our community! Making lemonade out of lemons is a great lesson they can learn for a lifetime!
3. When people come to buy lemonade, tell them about the Pinwheels in the Park event. Ask them if they would help you to help other children by sponsoring a Pinwheel. Let them know that lemonade and pinwheels proceeds go to the Kellin Foundation, which is a nonprofit that helps kids and families.
After Your Lemonade Stand Kit
1. Let us know how it went! Send us pictures if you would like. Submit any proceeds to the main office at the Kellin Foundation. You can drop it off or mail it to: 2110 Golden Gate Drive, Suite B, Greensboro, NC 27405
2. Your name will be listed as an Outstanding Youth Sponsor for your volunteer work of hosting a lemonade stand!
3. Join us at the April 28th Pinwheels in the Park event to help us plant the community pinwheels garden. (this is optional but we would love to have you there!)